During the first day of the schedule of SSB, during screening, the GD is the last assessment that happens. Prior to this, there was an aptitude test which tests the general thinking ability of an individual by giving 50 questions twice to attempt in two different booklets for 30 minutes. After this test comes the second test of PPDT in which a hazy picture is shown, and it is expected from the aspirant that they need to write the story developed around the plot of the hazy picture. This is a psychological assessment and here the OLQ’s must be revealed. I had posted the tips for attending this exercise earlier. After this exercise, there is a break and groups are formed for the GD round.
Tips To Crack GD On Screening Day
Once the GD starts it is expected that initially every member of the group will narrate their individual stories and then the group will discuss as a whole to come to a conclusion. The following points should be kept in mind while participating in this exercise:
- Listen to the instructions carefully given by the assessors present in the room and try to follow all of them deliberately.
- It’s not necessary to be a starter and then only you get selected. Try to initiate but don’t indulge in a fish market while initiating.
- Don’t look at the assessors during the whole exercise. Just concentrate on the members while narrating or participating during group discussion.
- Body language speaks more than what you speak. Posture, facial expressions, hand gestures and eye moment should be controlled as this forms an important part of evaluation.
- You will not get many chances. Assuming this try to put your strong points forward in the very beginning, don’t dramatise the discussion and wait for other chances.
- Allow everyone to speak and give chances to those who could not, this might add to your benefit.
- Try to get into the discussion 2-3 times but this does not mean to get your chance you start fighting. Avoid fish market situation in a group.
- Listen to others point also and make a mental note of all that so that during conclusion those points can be used.
- Don’t try to emphasise on your story only, pick the best one and support it.
Clearing screening is essential as it’s a pass for entering the exam and reaching the second phase of examination. Do not take it lightly as maximum elimination is at this stage only. Prove yourself best at this stage of SSB so that you can move ahead with high marks as marks are collated at the merit stage. Hence don’t take any examination lightly and ensure your performance at its best in each round. Still you feel any doubt or need psychological assessment you can contact me on facebook, just send the request and drop the message. We will try to resolve it through mentoring.