Interesting Facts about National Defence Academy (NDA): If you’re an aspirant who is preparing to join the defense forces or just a regular citizen of the nation it is important to learn about the military and learn from soldiers about their experiences within the military ie Interesting Facts about National Defence Academy (NDA). Their disciplined manner of conduct and stylish exterior make us want to know what goes into making a good person.
We’re always curious to learn how someone entering the military force at an early age can transform into a mighty warrior with a robust body and a more powerful mind.
National Defence Academy instills a remarkable combination of comradeship, leadership, and selflessness into its students. Not only we, but people around the world believe that Indian defense institutions are exceptional at what they do, however difficult it is to train the second-largest army in the world.
Nearly 28 countries send eligible candidates to NDA to learn. The institutions are well-known for producing people who are conscious of their surroundings, separated from the shackles of chaos, and capable of maintaining the safety of the nation.
In this article, you will learn among the top fascinating details regarding National Defence Academy.
The National Defence Academy – 12 Amazing Facts
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is a joint service academy that can be found within Khadakwasla, Pune, Maharashtra where those who have been appointed to the navy, army, and airforce are trained together.
These points will let you know what is one of the top sought-after and well-known defence institutions in the world.
1. The foundation stone of the National Defense Academy was laid on the 6th of October, 1949 by then prime ministry of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The academy was officially inaugurated on 7th December 1954. It was the first tri-services college in the world.
2. The principal motive behind the creation of NDA was to connect people from every walk of life, traditions and faiths together to serve the needs of those who require proper conditioning.
3. Prior to the commissioning of the NDA The idea of a tri-service school was announced on January 1, 1949. The idea was then implemented under the name of Joint Services Wing at the Indian Military Academy Dehradun.
4. The shift of the concept and the aids to Dehradun in India to Pune was done under the title Mission Badli’.
5. Major General E Habibullah became the first commander of the NDA.
6. The headquarters of the administrative department is named “Sudan Block’ in honor of the brave soldiers who fought in the name of Sudan in WWII.
7. The present design that is used by NDA was created in 1948, and represents the sacrifice.
8. NDA possesses three Param Vir Chakra recipients and 12 Ashoka Chakra recipients amongst its distinguished alumni.
9. As of now, it is currently producing the 27 current service Chiefs of Staff. The current Chiefs of the navy, army and air force are all from NDA and are part of the same period of time.
10. If it’s Lt. Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore India’s very first individual Olympics medalist or the Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma one of the very first people from India to fly into space, both are from the NDA.
11. The uniform worn by the Cadets within NDA is khaki, which symbolizes an ethos of homogeneity and to show aunty.
12. Recently this year, it was announced that the Supreme Court of India has issued an order on August 21, 2021 that allows females to sit for the NDA entrance exam.